Monday, April 4, 2011

Phase 3...CONGRATS its a Vaccum!...More Cleaning & Trying Out Instant Screen Doors

UPDATE: My friend has not joined up with the military yet...so this gives me some more time..but that time is precious with him and with cleaning...so I need to get SUPER motivated and continue with Phases:)

So here we go ...Phase 3...CONGRATS its a Vaccum!...More Cleaning & Trying Out Instant Screen Door.

I FINALLY bought the upright vaccum my friend (thru couponing) recommended. It is the Dirt Devil Breeze. I budgeted for $60 and paid like $49.xx for it and a 3 pack of bags from Target. I am very excited about it. I bought it with my friend Elizabeth and her little boy who will be 1 on May 6, 2011:). We both noticed that the model they had out was bigger than the actual box I purchased. I was a little shaky on that but went ahead anyways.

I also purchase the Instant Screen Doors from Dr. Leonard's catalog. I opened just one to see what it would look like. Needless to say..HUGE covers it lol. I have to move/clean the clutter next to both doorways to see if it will work out. It looks to cover the door but will not for sure it will work. I searched for a savings code and didn't have to pay shipping..I paid like $27.xx for both. I thought it was a great deal. I hope they work out..if not I can return them.

So now that those parts of the title are out of the way...

Things that still need to be done (continued from Phase 1):
  • crafts supplies
  • storage racks
  • school supplies (condensing)
  • under bed (need blocking because I do not want the cat to get under there in case the bed decides it wants to slide off frame)
NEW things that need to be done:
  • fix the dresser I moved into my room so drawers slide open/closed easier
  • clean up the "Mess made by the previous Mess" (lol)
  • organize clothes/under clothes into dressers
Need to purchase:
  • carpet runner or rug (so loose hairs with not get embedded into carpet or litter pieces)
I have looked at several carpet runners and what-nots. Seems like the with rugs my options would be:
  • measure room
    • find area rugs/runners to cover whole carpet
      • -i hate to invest a lot into something that is going to have to be used BUT
      • +will protect orginial carpet
      • Kmart has sales on rugs
        • -a little expenseive though
      • Family Dollar sells rugs
        • +reasonable price
    • find the plastic clear flooring you can put down
      • this may be easier than the area rugs/runners because you can sweep these
      • +easier to clean up spills and what time
      • +cheap but durable
        • FRED's sells it by the foot (or at least used to when i worked there)
        • Family Dollar sells it i think by 6 ft premeasured
So may be during WWE RAW tonight I might get some cleaning or organizing going. May be I'll finally conquer the storage racks & school supplies:)...after gym & sketti:) yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment